I have created another blog to give updates on my writing efforts. You can find it here.

October 28, 2008

In which 3 is the magic number

It appears to be, anyway, as Sandy Springs FFC is stuck on three wins for the season. A 29-11 loss to the undefeated Slate River Sharks drops the record to 3-5 on the season. SRS RB LenDale White outscored SFC all by himself, 12-11. I always think that's kind of cool, even when it happens to me. There were enough points on the bench to win, but I wouldn't have started Leon Washington (15 points), Matt Jones (3 points) and Kerry Collins (1 point) over the guys I did start. There used to be some sort of award I'd give on the website to teams with this sort of hypothetical win but I don't remember what it was called and I'm too lazy to go pore through the archives to find it. SFC falls back to #12 in the Power Ranking.

Next week's opponent is 2-5-1 Men O'War, ranked #9. The website has set MOW as the early 6 point favorite, but you never know. That's why they play the game.

1 comment:

rakethetable said...

Sunday is another day.

Maybe a winner for both of us!