I have created another blog to give updates on my writing efforts. You can find it here.

April 15, 2008

In which we finished our season

We played our season closing doubleheader last night. We lost both games to finish the season 1-9 and in the league cellar. In game 1, Bo's All-Stars (who came into the game with an 0-9 record) beat us 11-7. We scored four runs in the top of the first inning then couldn't hold them off. I was 2-3 in that game, caught a pop foul behind the plate, and tagged a runner out at the plate. I almost tagged another one out later, but the throw was just a little late.

Game 2 was a rematch with Wild Wings, who beat us 11-7 in the first game of the season. This time they beat us 14-4. Again, we took an early lead, with two runs in the first, and again we couldn't hold it. I went 1-2 with a double (the ball wound up rolling all the way to the fence in center field, my hardest hit ball of the season) and an RBI, and I threw a runner out at first on a little swinging bunt. I almost tagged a runner out in this game too, but the throw and the runner arrived at the plate at the same time and the ball popped out of my glove. All in all, probably my best night of the season. Figures it would be the last one.

We'll probably be playing again in either the summer or fall season, so hopefully I can carry some momentum into the next season, whenever it is. I'll have recaps then, too. Whee!

No comments: