I have created another blog to give updates on my writing efforts. You can find it here.

April 17, 2008

In which I post some new links

I added some new links over on the sidebar. Since they're new I thought I'd post a quick description of them here, in case anyone is curious about what they are. Check them out if you want to. All sites come recommended by me. Take that and a dollar to the Dollar Tree and you can buy something for the kitchen.

Websites I Check Every Day

Brandon Sanderson
This is the Livejournal blog of fantasy author Brandon Sanderson. It gives some interesting insights into his writing processes from time to time.

Robert Fulghum
If you're a Fulghum fan, you'll like this. It's just a regular blog that reads like one of his books. Quite enjoyable.

Television Without Pity
Television recaps and forums and pop culture blogs. It's not the site it used to be, but it's still pretty darn good.

Things What Things
Linda Holmes used to write for Television Without Pity, where she was known as Miss Alli. Now she's off on her own, posting her thoughts on TV and other pop-culture tidbits.

Writing Excuses
A writing podcast moderated by Brandon Sanderson, Howard Tayler (creator of Scholck Mercenary), and horror novelist Dan Wells. Topics are usually sci-fi/fantasy based and range from the business of writing to the creative process to the genres themselves. Very insightful if you have an interest in the writing process.

Webcomics

Garfield Minus Garfield by Travors
Garfield strips with Garfield digitally removed from the images, making it a strip about Jon and his various neuroses.

The Order Of The Stick by Rich Burlew
The sword-and-sorcery adventures of a D&D-style adventuring party, drawn as stick figures. It's a lot funnier than it sounds, especially if you've played D&D.

Schlock Mercenary by Howard Tayler
The continuing sci-fi adventures of a comedic band of military soldiers-of-fortune. Frequently features bad puns, which is always a plus in my book.

Sluggy Freelance by Pete Abrams
A deadly but hilarious combination of magic, a switchblade-wielding rabbit, a hyperactive ferret, a woman who can turn into a camel, explosions, slackers, and beer. And that's just within the main cast.

xkcd by Randall Munroe
Stick-figure comedy for the mathematics/science geek in all of us. Some of it is pretty esoteric, but it has its moments.

I will probably add to these lists as time goes by and I discover new and exciting places to go on the web. If you have sites that you think I should know about, add a comment below or shoot me an e-mail. I'm always looking for new things to waste my time with!

1 comment:

rakethetable said...

I will check these out later today when I get home. Some sounds really funny.