I have created another blog to give updates on my writing efforts. You can find it here.

February 7, 2007

In which we're Glad to be here

Are you not entertained? Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?

-Maximus Decimus Meridius-


The Brady Bunch is into hockey these days. We went to our first Thrashers game a couple of weeks ago, and now we're getting ready to go to our first Gwinnett Gladiators game on Sunday! The Glads (as the cognoscenti call them) are the AA affiliate of the Atlanta Thrashers. They play in the ECHL and are currently in second place in the Southern Division of the American Conference, one point behind the dastardly Texas Wildcatters, who are apparently a collection of hoodlums, if my friend Sandy is to be believed.

They're playing the Augusta Lynx on Sunday. Augusta is in fourth place in the Southern. All I know about them is that they were coached at one time by Atlanta Knights legend Stan Druuuuuuuuuuuliaaaaaaaa (that's Drulia, for those who never went to a Knights game). Ah...the Knights....I could write about some Knights memories. Maybe I will. (note to self: add "the time the Knights had that huge fight with Salt Lake" to the list of potential blog topics)

We got free tickets to the Gladiators game. Racetrac gas stations were sponsoring player appearances and we went to Cumming and met number 21, forward Mike Vigilante, who was a nice guy. I mean, he was great. He was friendly and congenial and seemed to have all his teeth. He signed autographs for all the kids and has one of the greatest names ever for a hockey player, in my opinion. We also got to meet Maximus the mascot, and got free tickets. We'll be in Section 111, right behind the goal, in Row E. Five rows off the ice (aw yeh come on)! We'll get to see some old-time hockey from there, I bet!

We're all looking forward to it, and I'm sure it's going to be a great time. I'll write about the game after, and let you know how it went. Go Gladiators!

No comments: