I have created another blog to give updates on my writing efforts. You can find it here.

September 24, 2005

What a week!

This entry was originally posted on my old blog.

Gr, dudes.

I just got off the phone with Darlene. She's working tonight, managing third shift up in Fayettenam. She'll be down here to visit in a couple of weeks. I need to see her again. It's only been two weeks since we last got to spend time together, but it feels like it's been a lot longer than that. Part of the reason for that, though, is that work has been crazy lately. It's been month-end, and I've been helping out on some stuff that I don't generally do. It's nice to know how to perform a few extra tasks. It makes me more valuable as an employee, and I think my boss is starting to get a good feeling about my abilities and my reliability. Always a plus!

Today was a pretty good day outside the office as well. Work continues on the balcony and woodwork at the ranch, so that's all good. Walter came over for a Cave Nighttm, but it didn't last very long. We were settling nicely into Season 5, Disc 2 of Angel when his sweetie called. She had just gotten home from a Florida trip, so of course he dropped me like the other shoe as soon as he could and went home to hear all about her adventures in Orlando. I can't begrudge him the time, though; I know what it's like to be away from the one you love. Besides, she passed along greetings to me when she called, so she can't be all that bad. Just kidding, Lynn. Hope you had a good trip. Oh, and the Braves won tonight, "B-Mac" Brian McCann getting the game-winner in the 8th. Chop chop, I say.

Not much else going on right now. It's gonna be a nice, lazy weekend. I figured out that this will be the first weekend in the last eight that I've been able to really sleep in on Saturday. The last seven weekends have either seen my daughter visiting, Darlene visiting, or me going to visit her, and those have all included early starts on Saturday. I'm sleeping in tomorrow, then I have four hours of taped TV shows from this week to watch (which doesn't include Battlestar Galactica, dammit. I forgot to tape that tonight. Have to watch for the rebroadcast). Anyway, I'll get caught up on my shows and write a review of invasion for ttnmc, then it's nothing but football till I go to bed Sunday night (hunker down just one more time). Aw yeh. Gonna be a good weekend.

I'm going to bed. Good night.

No comments: