I have created another blog to give updates on my writing efforts. You can find it here.

September 22, 2005

Happy Birthday To Me

This entry was originally posted on my old blog.

The Bible tells us, "The days of our years are threescore years and ten." Today is my 36th birthday, so if you look at it that way, I'm past the halfway point. I hope I get more years than that. I feel like I've wasted so many of my first 36 years; I'd like to be able to make up for it as I get older.

It's been pretty much exactly a year since my last post. This seemed like an appropriate time to begin posting again--hopefully, more regularly this time. A lot has happened in the last year. I could go on and on for pages about it all, but as Inigo Montoya once said, "No, there is too much. Let me sum up." I've gotten used to a new car, I have a new job that continues to get better as time goes by, my daughter has begun pre-K, I'm finally getting a new balcony back at the ranch, and--most exciting of all--I appear to be falling madly in love with a most remarkable woman. It has defintely been a year of change and emotion in my life. I can't wait to see what the next year brings.

At the very least, here's hoping the next year brings more regular journal entries for you all to read; growth, scholarship, and joy for my daughter; and the end to a long period of loneliness and, maybe, the finding of contentment for myself, and that's all I need. Journal entries, a happy daughter, and contentment. And a World Series title for the Braves. And that's all I need, too. Contentment, a World Series title for the Braves, and respect for Michael Vick. And the chair.

No comments: