I have created another blog to give updates on my writing efforts. You can find it here.

January 19, 2008

In which Goldilocks turns 7

Today is Sage's birthday. She's turning 7. She's spending the day with her mom and brother and her friends. They are going bowling. Hopefully it will be a good day for her.

I can't believe she's actually 7! I remember the night she was born like it was yesterday. I was so happy and excited to get to meet her at last, and now she's 7 and in the first grade. She's getting so big. To look at her, she doesn't look like a little kid any more; she's starting to look like a young lady.

She fits in so well with the rest of my big new family. When Darlene and I first got together we wondered how Sage would relate to the other kids. She was so used to it just being the two of us when she came for her visits, and suddenly she had to share me with a wife and three more kids. She immediately accepted Darlene as a stepmother and she and the girls have been inseperable. We have a big family, and she has been an important part of it for the last two years.

I love you, Sage, and we can't wait until we can see you again. Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

rakethetable said...

Bithdays and bowling seem to go together.

We celebrated a 7th birthday at the bowling alley as well this weekend.

Benjamin said...

I'm sorry I missed this - Happy Birthday, little Sagacious!