I have created another blog to give updates on my writing efforts. You can find it here.

February 14, 2006

Put your hands behind your head and step away from the XBox!

I've been so slack!

You may notice that I have neither updated my blog nor written a new 24 article in quite a few days now. It's my own fault, really. I've been playing too much XBox again. It's a cycle I go through now and then--I get a new game and spend hours and days and weeks at a time doing nothing but playing. Most of my spare time the last three weeks has been spent playing Jade Empire, a very cool RPG set in the fictional Jade Empire, a sort of depiction of China, if all if its myths were real.

It's pretty cool. Sort of a mix of traditional "Neverwinter Nights" style RPG action and kung-fu movies. I've played it through once already, following the "Way of the Open Palm" (which made me a "good guy"). My current character is named Smarmy Pao Yang and is following the more tricksy and evil "Way of the Closed Fist" which, in the grand tradition of good/evil RPG player character morality, is a lot more fun. Bad guys simply have more fun in these games. It was true in Neverwinter Nights, it was true in Knights of the Old Republic, it's true in Jade Empire as well.

I finally decided to go ahead and update my blog. No telling when I'll get caught up on 24. I haven't even watched the last two episodes. I may try to get to them this week, but then again, I may end up being slack some more. I will catch up eventually, I just don't know when.

60 days til the wedding! As if there would be an entry with no mention of the wedding. HA!

No comments: