I have created another blog to give updates on my writing efforts. You can find it here.

January 31, 2006

The Boob Tube

You may recall (if you don't recall, just scroll down; you'll see it down there in the old posts somewhere) that I was recapping invasion over at TTNMC.com earlier this year and it was so bad, I bailed on recapping it and haven't come near it since. Better TV shows are on now, fortunately, so I'm back at work at TTNMC, writing recaps for 24, which I feel is neck-and-neck with Battlestar Galactica as the best show on television today. Neither approaches the brilliance that was Buffy at its peak (third season, in my opinion), but they're close, and are fine examples of what television can accomplish when a competent group of people get together and create a vision.

24 is in its fifth season, and picks up 18 months after the end of Season Four. For those of you who don't know the gimmick of 24, each season is 24 episodes long and takes place in "real-time" over the course of a single day, and usually involve Kiefer Sutherland, as Jack Bauer, having to overcome a terorist threat (or threats) to the United States. Each episode takes place over an hour of that single day. The first four episodes of this season aired on Sunday and Monday nights, two weeks ago, and Episode Five aired last Monday. Over the last few days my recaps of those first five episodes have been posted at TTNMC. I've been lazy about posting links to them, but here they are now:

Episode 1 (7:00 a.m.-8:00 a.m.)
Episode 2 (8:00 a.m.-9:00 a.m.)
Episode 3 (9:00 a.m.-10:00 a.m.)
Episode 4 (10:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m.)
Episode 5 (11:00 a.m.-12:00 a.m.)

Episode Six aired last night. I will watch it tonight and will have an recap posted (I hope) before the weekend. I'll post the link here, certainly, when that goes up, and each week after that as well as new articles get written.

For what it's worth, while I'm here, I'll go ahead and tell you what other shows I watch, just so you can see that I'm not necessarily a "good TV" snob. Certainly I watch 24 and Battlestar Galactica, but I also watch American Idol, so clearly I have wide-ranging tastes. I also enjoy the reality fare of Survivor, The Amazing Race, and The Apprentice. I had been watching Lost, but for some reason I haven't watched the last couple of episodes, and haven't really missed it, so apparently I'm bailing on Lost without actually having intended to do so. It's just been sort of "enh" this year, anyway. Steven has gotten me back into watching rasslin' a little bit, and, thanks to Ben I found out about the incomparable MXC on Spike, which might be the funniest show on television. MXC is worth a post of its own, actually, so I won't go further into that at this time.

It seems like I'm leaving a show out somewhere, but I have no idea where. Hm. No matter. You're not interested in this anyway. Thanks for stopping by.



Aw, I can't leave without one last round of shameless plugs--that's what this post was all about to begin with, after all: click on my links! Read my articles! Poke around and check out everything else TTNMC has to offer: John Shea reviews Battlestar Galactica and offers up movie news and reviews! Matt Baker gets Lost! Steven Dougherty, when he chooses to review something, is bitter and tends to cuss! It's a fun site. Go there now!

No comments: