I have created another blog to give updates on my writing efforts. You can find it here.

November 4, 2005

The most pointless blog entry ever

I really don't have anything specific that I want to write about. I find myself wanting to write, though, so I'm going to start typing and see what comes out. I sometimes do some of my best writing that way; sort of a spasm of stream-of-consciousness dreck that doesn't really mean anything. If I get really froggy I'll start writing really long run-on sentences that don't really have a point but just sort of meander around several different vague sort of points but then take a left turn and get lost in the woods and then you get really tired as a reader because they just go on and on and sometimes I put a semicolon in somewhere but usually I just put in another and or two because nothing makes a run-on sentence truly run on like a good collection of ands, you know?

I don't really know why I'm doing this, but I was probably inspired because I teased Ben about writing an entry on his own blog that was about why he wasn't updating his blog. I said in a comment, "Is a blog entry bemoaning the fact that there have been no blog entries really a blog entry?" In that same spirit, I call b.s. on myself and ask whether a blog entry that isn't about anything at all is really a blog entry, either? Then I think, heck, Seinfeld was a TV show about nothing. Why does my blog have to be about anything? Does that mean I'm comparing my blog to Seinfeld? Oh no, there's no comparison there. My blog is a lot funnier than Seinfeld. I'm not near as annoying as George Costanza (Ben might be, but I'm certainly not), and my girlfriend is way better looking than what's-her-name, the girl with the hair who was in Christmas Vacation as the snooty neighbor who got attacked by a squirrel. Remember that? God, that was hysterical. What a great movie that was, and is. One of my favorite holiday movies. Of course, I also love A Christmas Story, and The Santa Clause is cute too, especially when the little girl remembers that he said he was lactose intolerant. That might be one of the most unbearably sweet movie moments ever. I go, "Awwwwwww" every time I see it.

My condo complex had a Community Night last night at the nearby Burger House, and several friends and neighbors got together. I sat around with Brandon and Cam, two denizens of the local high school drumline (Brandon on bass, Cam (I hope that's his name and I'm not misremembering it. If I am, sorry, dude. Assuming he ever reads this...) on cymbals), and we swapped band stories for over an hour. Three band geeks sitting around talking shop while the adults in the group talked about more important things. But really, is there ever anything more important than band stories? Obviously not, if this blog is any indication.

Anyway, I've been palavering for far too long, and I need to actually get some work done today, so I'm going to sign off for now and see if I can get to it. Last one out, please turn off the lights.

No comments: